Thursday, March 12, 2015

Throwback Thursday

One of my favorite trends on things like Facebook and Instagram is the "throwback Thursday."  I love seeing old pictures of everyone and remembering past events.  I thought it would be fun to do a throwback Thursday here on the blog, where I would post about books I read, and loved, while growing up.  

So here we go!  I'm throwin' it back to one of my favorite series.    I read these books during late elementary school and even into jr. high.  I loved this series because the kids were so independent.   It features a set of four orphaned siblings, Henry, Jess, Violet and Benny who find shelter in an old abandoned boxcar.  They work odd jobs and try to make ends meet with all kinds of adventure along the way.  

If you haven't guessed already the series is Gertrude C Warner's The Boxcar Children. I would love to tell you  more about it but just because it's a throwback for me doesn't mean it isn't new to you so the same rules apply-no spoilers!  

Apparently the series now contains over 100 titles but I am pretty sure I read at least 60 while in school.  This was my go-to series.  Now excuse me while I go re-read the original...

Finding your way...that's kids stuff.  

No comments:

Post a Comment