Thursday, November 6, 2014

Love Dogs

Anyone who has seen my desk can probably guess that I love dogs.  After all with supplies like these I'm not exactly keeping it secret.









So for my next series of posts I'm going to focus on books about dogs.  My favorite is the first poetry book I ever loved-or even liked for that matter.  You see I'm not really a big fan of poetry.  I know that may seem surprising since I tend to write favorably about all the books I post here; but poetry just isn't really my thing.  So what is this book that changed my mind about poetry.  It's Sharon Creech's Love that Dog.


Written entirely from the perspective of a 3rd grade student, and mostly in free verse Love that Dog tells the story of Jack's trip through the year studying poetry and writing about his own beloved dog.  I have read this book to my husband and to all of my classes.  I love this book and by the end I love Jack and I love that dog too.

The best part?  She's written a sequel.  It's called Hate that Cat.

Loving dogs....that's kids stuff.  



PS Sharon Creech is also a Newbery winner.  Read about that book here.

No comments:

Post a Comment