Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Re-Vamped and Revived

I started this blog when I was in graduate school as a way to chronicle my journey through all of the Newbery winning books.  Now that I get to teach reading I find that I am constantly being asked, 'What book should I read?"  I thought I would revamp this blog to help answer that very question. 

What's already here?
Most of the Newbery medal books are already here.  If you click on the tab for "Newbery Winning Books" you will find a complete list of books.  If you click on the book title it will take you to the post I wrote about that book.  If you can't click on the title it means I haven't read it (yet!) or haven't activated the link yet.  Both situations I will be working to remedy in the near future. 
These books won an award for a reason.  Though I wouldn't say they were all favorites all are well written and worth a read!

There are also a few of the Caldecott winning books here.  These books win awards based on the quality of their illustrations.  They are most often easy reads, books you would find in preschool/kindergarten classrooms; but lets be honest-who doesn't love a good picture book every now and then?

What's coming?
New books are constantly being written and I have read tons of amazing books that didn't win a medal.  As I read books that I think are especially fantastic I will write a quick summary (don't worry no spoilers)/review for this blog. 

I hope this becomes a helpful tool for you and I am very excited to track my reading once again! 

Reading books for fun....that's kids stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment