Monday, September 19, 2016

Lucky Book

As much as I try not to read too much into the cover of a book, I must admit to spending a lot of time looking at the cover when deciding if I should read a book.  The cover of Brandon Mull's Fablehaven bears this quote "It's a lucky book that can hold this kind of story."

Well that just sold me.  And after reading Fablehaven I must admit this was a lucky book.  Kendra and Seth are bummed to be spending the summer at their grandparents house, after all they barely even know their grandparents.  But their grandparents turn out to be the keepers of Fablehaven.

In other words, their grandparent's property plays host to all kinds of magical creatures from fairies to gollum's to witches.  I personally can't think of any other place I would rather spend a summer.  But with all that magic in the air something is bound to go wrong and while Kendra seems quite level headed her brother Seth has quite the flair for adventure.  And what is with the chicken that stays in their room?

If you love fantasy this book is for you.  If you're not sure about fantasy but don't mind a little magic then give Fablehaven a try.

Drinking your milk....that's kids stuff. 
PS if you read the book that tag line will make much more sense-promise ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment