Thursday, September 15, 2016

Happy Birthday to Me!

So today is my birthday and to celebrate I am going to blog about, what else, the newest installment of the Harry Potter series!! Harry Potter and the Cursed Child is a play, that I would love to see in person-if anybody wants to help me celebrate my birthday by buying me some tickets...and paying for my flight to London...and a hotel...that would be an exceptional.   The story picks up 19 years after the end of the Deathly Hallows and focuses on Harry and Ginny's middle child, Albus Severus.

I hate to state the obvious here but this is a play so it's written as a script.  Fun fact about me, I did community theatre throughout middle and high school, so it was easy for me to follow the format of a script conveying the story through dialogue and stage directions.  I actually loved seeing the Harry Potter universe expand in this way, but I can understand how it was difficult for some people who were more used to prose.  Just come into it prepared to read a script.

The story itself is incredible. My one critique would be that it felt fast paced-especially when compared to the original story which is spread out over seven books.  That's another reason I'm so eager to see the play, I think the pace would fit a play.  Don't get me wrong, I've already read it twice and can't wait to read it again.

You may have noticed this post is a little short on details.  That's because pretty much any detail would be a spoiler.  You're just gonna have to read it yourself.  Consider it my birthday present.

Celebrating...that's kids stuff.  

No comments:

Post a Comment