Saturday, January 9, 2016

Series-ously?

So I'm really trying to make that pun work. I made a bulletin board around that in my classroom one year and nobody thought it was as amusing as I did.  I still like it so I'm going to try it out here.

 As you can probably guess this is all about book series.  I've talked before about how I am a big fan of book series.  If you liked the first one then you have a whole collection of other books to read and stories are richly developed in a series.  You really get to watch the characters grow and evolve-I love that. It's like you're taking a journey with the books.

 This new feature will look a lot like what I did with the Harry Potter Series over the summer.  I will do a post on each book in a series, but the post won't necessarily be back to back.  I may weave in stand alone books along the way.

Obviously doing posts on later books in a series means that there may be spoilers.  I won't spoil any major plot twists in that book but I will probably spoil something that happens in a previous book.  So if you are the kind of person who doesn't like spoilers, read the previous books in the series before you read any posts about later books.


 So if you're looking for a good series click on the "series-ously" tab on the top of the page.  Be sure to check back often as I will consistently be adding new books to the list.  The book title will become a link once I have written a post on that book.

Going on the journey...that's kids stuff.  



No comments:

Post a Comment