Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Yes!!!

I absolutely positively cannot wait until the second marking period of this school year.  Why, you ask?  Well that's when we get to devote an entire marking period to one of my most favorite books of all time.  Any guesses?

It's Lois Lowry's The Giver.  Now I have mentioned The Giver numerous times on this blog and done a traditional post on it here.  I am so excited to be able to share this book with my students.  And to prove to them that this book at least is a million times better than the movie.  Not that the movie was bad (I put it firmly in the "ok" category) but it was not as good as the book.

I cannot wait to see how my students react to this book and I am so excited to start reading and talking about it with them!

Teaching your favorites...that's kids stuff.  

No comments:

Post a Comment