Wednesday, August 26, 2015

How Cool!

Maximum Ride- or Max as she prefers to go by, is so cool.   She is the leader of a group of exceptional young people-and by young I mean she is the oldest at only 14-and she can fly.

No, seriously, she can fly.  You see Max, and her friends (and by friends I mean they're basically family) are 98% human and 2% bird.  When you put it that way, it sounds, I admit, a bit lame; but in actuality it is really, really cool.

James Patterson's Maximum Ride The Angel Experiment chronicles the journey of Max, Fang, Iggy, Nudge, the Gasman, and Angel.  They started as science experiments and were subjected to many horrific tests while being forced to live in a cage.  But they got out and that is where the adventure really begins.

Like at the beginning of any school year, one of my tasks is to decide how I'm going to use the bulletin boards that are in my classroom.  One will be a book recommendation board.  It will be started by me and, hopefully, continued by the students.  Maximum Ride will most definitely be making the board. I think all of my students would love this book.

Small disclaimer this is the first book in a series so as you can probably guess that means the ending is not quite as satisfying as one would desire.  Looks like we're all gonna have to read the rest of the series.

Being the coolest...that's kids stuff.  

No comments:

Post a Comment