Wednesday, July 8, 2015

What Should I Read this Summer?

Well summer is officially underway and that begs the question, What should I read this summer?  Full disclosure I wanted to have a cool graphic to show you all but the end of the school year has been even crazier than usual and that didn't happen-there's always  next year.

Harry Potter: I re-read this every summer.  If you haven't read it, drop everything and do it now. I am currently in the middle of book one-be on the lookout for posts from each book.

Now that that's out of the way here is a grouping based on other books you may have read.  Many of these are series which  I think is the perfect fit for summer. Once I finish Harry Potter I will begin the 2016 Reading Olympics booklist and I'm willing to bet many of those will be awesome summer reads.  And remember any book is a good book.  (Picture this next sentence in my teacher voice).  Make sure you read this summer!!  Even just one book can make a difference!!!

If you liked Twilight try:
CinderMarissa Meyer



If you liked The Hunger Games try:

Divergent, Veronica Roth
The Giver, Lois Lowry 
Artemis Fowl, Eion Colfer
Alex Rider, Anthony Horowitz 
Found, Margaret Peterson Haddix 
Among the Hidden, Margaret Peterson Haddix
The Maze Runner, James Dashner 


If you liked Hatchet try:

The Maze,  Will Hobbs
Call of the Klondike, David Meissner & Kim Richardson 


If you like realistic fiction try:

Waiting for Normal, Leslie Connor
Hope was Here, Joan Bauer
Smiles to Go, Jerry Spinelli 

Have a great summer read you didn't see here?  Post it in the comments.

Summer Reading that's not an assignment...that's kids stuff 

No comments:

Post a Comment