Saturday, October 1, 2016

New

Happy Fall Y'all.  Sorry, couldn't help it.  I love fall and since today's book is all about new things I thought I would wish you a happy start to the fall season (which happens to be my very favorite).

Raina Telgemeier's Smile is a comic book about a 6th grader named Raina, and as you can probably guess from the cover-Raina needs braces.  But when she falls while running with her friends the braces get a lot more complicated.  So, as readers, we get to follow Raina through the whole braces/retainer/head gear process.  Which means we get to see her all the way through high school.  I loved that about this book!

I can already hear your main questions, "you mean this whole book is about a girl getting braces!?"  Yes and no.  Braces were a big deal in Raina's life so she talks about them throghout the book.  But more than that it's a look at Raina's life during the time she had her dental drama, which happens to be a pivotal, awkward, and dramatic part of her life (for more reasons than just the braces)
.

Ok brace yourself (haha) for a cheesy line.  This book lived up to its name as I definitely had a smile while reading it.

Showing your smile...that's kids stuff.  

No comments:

Post a Comment