Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Confession

Ok, confession time.  I have a shelf full of books in my classroom and I often encourage students to read these books.  Most of these books I have read, but some-confession-I have not; but I still try to sell them to my students.  One such book is James Patterson and Chris Grabenstein's I Funny.  

I just assumed this book was a Diary of a Wimpy Kid type book but, another confession, I was wrong. I Funny tells the story of a middle-school boy who, well, is funny.  After much encouragement he decides to enter the Funniest Kid Contest, will he win? Of course I can't tell you that, you'll have to read the book.


A delightful blend of story and sketches, I Funny is an entertaining read that will definitely put a smile on your face.  But it's not all jokes.  You will fall in love with Jamie and get deeply invested in his story.  You see Jamie's life hasn't been easy, he uses humor to help cope.  There is some of the usual, "middle-school" humor, but many of Jamie's jokes are just plain funny-even to adults.  Definitely worth the read.  And if you liked the first one, get excited, because this is now a series!

Making a joke.......that's kids stuff.  

No comments:

Post a Comment