Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Superpower

Sorry for the lack of posts recently.  New semester+ new job= very busy me.  Anyway my new job is nanny-ing for two delightful little girls, Eva (age 5) and Leah (age 2).  When I was playing with Eva she pulled out 2 dolls and told me, "we're superheros."  "Really!?" I replied, "what are your superpowers?"  Without skipping a beat Eva replied, "reading" for one of the dolls and the other doll replied, "spelling."  Wow, reading and spelling are superpowers.  It's so true though-with literacy comes power.

In light of my new busy schedule this blog will change a little.  I hope to start reading Caldecott books, which are books that receive honor based on their illustrations.  They are picture books, perfect for the girls I am currently spending my days with.  I hope to share a little bit about the books as well as the girls reactions.  I will work in the remaining Newbery books as I finish them but there is no way I can come anywhere near the book a day pace I had in the summertime.  I hope you enjoy the changes, it should be fun!

Superpowers...that's kids stuff. 

No comments:

Post a Comment