Monday, July 27, 2015

And the Prisoner of Azkaban

***Like all of my Harry Potter posts, this contains spoilers.****

For those of you who have read this book, which should be everyone since I already warned against spoilers and a thoughtful person would use this time to now go read the book, you know that this is the year Harry learns how to make a Patronus.

To make a true Patronus one needs to say the incantation, "expecto patronum" while concentrating on one very happy memory.  Harry had to try several memories, the first time he rode a broom, finding out he was a wizard, when Gryffindor won the house cup. At the end of the book Harry makes a true patronus because he knew he could do it.  This suggests that confidence in ourselves and a sureness of our own abilities can be a powerful type of happiness.  

If you were to make a patronus, what memory would you focus on?  Post your answer in the comments, I would love to hear. I think I would remember my wedding day.

Focusing on happy memories...that's kids stuff.  


No comments:

Post a Comment