Thursday, July 23, 2015

And the Chamber of Secrets

As I stated previously, I read all the Harry Potter books every summer.  For book one we played a need to do that ASAP.
little game.  For book two I would like to present my argument that Hermione Granger is the true hero of the series.  As with all my Harry Potter posts this will contain spoilers.  So if you have not yet read the books you

In Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets Hermione is petrified.  In other words totally frozen and completely unable to communicate, yet she still has the key to solving the puzzle. Harry and Ron would have never been able to open the chamber without her.  She also brewed an incredibly complex potion, requiring skill well beyond a second year, and managed to stay top of her class even while in the hospital wing.   That's not even counting all the times she saved the day in book one.

I dare you to find a way Harry could have opened that chamber without Hermione's help.  Or for that matter, how he would have finished any of his homework without her (and homework is important-trust me, I'm a teacher).

Books and cleverness...that's kids stuff.  

No comments:

Post a Comment