Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Are you psychic?

I must admit, mystery is typically not a genre I gravitate toward.  It's not that I dislike it, it's just The Third Eye is changing my mind about mystery.  When I think of mystery I think stressful.  The Third Eye had it's stressful moments, to be sure, but overall the book was engaging and exciting.
something I never seem to choose.  Lois Duncan's

Karen is trying desperately to be a normal teenager but she can't stop the visions.  All she wants to do is enjoy her new found popularity-she happens to be dating one of the cool kids. She tries to ignore the visions but when they start showing missing children she knows she has to intervene.  Against her mother's wishes Karen joins Officer Wilson on a quest to rescue the children.

Whether you believe in psychic's or not Duncan weaves a wonderful story.  Does Karen find the children?  Does she tap into her third eye or is it all a bust?  Why is her mom so against it?  What happens to her relationships? Of course I'm not going to tell you.  You'll have to read the book yourself.

Using your gifts...that's kids stuff.  

No comments:

Post a Comment